to new beginnings.

It has already been a month since I have been at Cal.
Time flew by. It doesn't feel like a month, but yet, here we are.

Everyone talks about how much they miss home, but strangely enough, I can't relate.
I miss home, but we were "home" for 18 years. It's time for us to venture off and try new things. This is our chance.
Our time away from home should be something we look forward to. We shouldn't waste time complaining about how we miss it, we'll visit during the holidays anyways, but instead, be embracing the opportunities presented before us.

The transition from high school to college hasn't been too drastic--but maybe because I'm taking the bare minimum of 13 units and the easiest classes I could enroll in. I went from starting the day at 7AM and ending at 4PM, taking six classes, to starting at 12PM, taking only three classes.
For someone who never ditched a day in high school, I find myself skipping lectures and procrastinating. I want to say I haven't changed yet, but I guess in some aspect I have. But at the same time, I haven't.

Overall, I am looking forward to the year. These next four years will be the foundation to my future, so hopefully, I make the most out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment